Duygu Ege has a PhD in Medical Materials from University of Cambridge and a MEng degree in Materials Science and Engineering from Imperial College, London. Her research so far concentrated on biomaterials including bioceramics and polymer based composites for non-load bearing and load bearing bone replacement applications. Her research on production and characterisation of bone screws at ETH Zurich, lead her to receive the Centenary Prize from Imperial College, London (2009). Her other awards include Dorothy Hodgkins Scholarship leading to PhD at University of Cambridge, Best Podium Presentation Award by International Society for Ceramics in Medicine and IDEA League Grant for her research work at ETH Zurich.
PhD, Medical Materials, University of Cambridge
MEng, Materials Science and Engineering, Imperial College, London.
Production and characterisation of bone screws at ETH Zurich.
Centenary Prize, Imperial College, London (2009)
Dorothy Hodgkins Scholarship
Best Podium Presentation Award, International Society for Ceramics in Medicine
IDEA League Grant (for her research work at ETH Zurich)
1. Duru İ., Ege D., Kamali A. (2016) Journal of Materials Science 51, 1-2
2. Ege, D., Best, S. M., Cameron, R. E. (2014) The degradation behaviour of nanoscale HA/PLGA and α-TCP/PLGA composites, Bioinspired, Biomimetic and Nanobiomaterials, 3, 85-93.
3. Ege, D. (2014) Effect of NaOH concentration on the degradation properties of CHA/PCL composites, Journal of Ankara University Faculty of Medicine, 66(1).
4. Ege, D., Best, S. M., Cameron, R. E. (2012) Evaluation of the Degradation Properties of Carbonate Substituted Hydroxyapatite-Poly(ε-caprolactone)Composites. Key Engineering Materials, 493-494, 120-125.
5. Mohn, D., Ege D., Feldman K., Schneider O. D., Imfeld T., Boccaccini A. R., and Stark W. J. (2010) Spherical Calcium Phosphate Nanoparticle Fillers Allow Polymer Processing of Bone Fixation Devices with High Bioactivity. Polymer Engineering and Science,50, 952-960.
6. Mohn, D., Ege D., Feldman K., Schneider O. D., Imfeld T., Boccaccini A. R., and Stark W. J. (2010) Processing and Characterization of a Highly Bioactive Bone Fixation Device 2009 AIChE Annual Meeting.
+90 216 516 34 38
BM 541 Biological Materials
BM 597 Characterisation of Biomedical Samples
BM 682 Phase transformation and Heat Treatment of Biomaterials